Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Roof Progress

Progress on the roof is slow. I still have to home educate my daughter and I have had to attend many meetings this month. Both can mess up a construction work schedule. Still, I do what I can. Last Saturday I had around 14 people show up to help move this



to this



We managed to get the bulk of the pile in the front yard cleaned up as well. We also hauled 120 bundles of faux slate to the third floor. We all celebrated afterward with pizza and beer.

The roof went from this



To this



Then it rained for a day and a half! Now I have to finish recreating a frame for the gutter so that I can walk on it and remove the rest of that slate. I can then get tar paper down and then, hopefully, I can put the water buckets away.

4 comments:

Jenne said...

whoa! are those some awesome fancy cut shingles I see under the layers in the 3rd pic?!

Kate H. said...

Well done, all! That lumber is so well stacked in the dumpster, you'd think it was going to the recycling shop instead of to the landfill. Or is it?

I, too, noticed the double layer of slates. That'd be some load your mansard is carrying.

That hole in the brick looks scary. Hope you can get it plugged soon.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Hi- I'm a new reader! Your house is beautiful. I really love the story of how you are returning it to a lovely home. Looking forward to seeing the pictures when the roof is done!

Janna said...

great!