Monday, June 21, 2010

Life on the Edge!

I have been doing some garden work lately. Albeit rather slowly since I no longer have a life outside of work!
I went and bought some metal edging. Couldn't buy it in Dayton. I had to drive to Lowes in Springfield, Ohio. None of our local big box retailers carried the stuff. Any way, I have been at this project for at least three weeks. If it would stop raining on the weekend I might finish it.
Here are some pictures of the progress.






The cool thing is that we figured out what to do with all those surplus sign stakes now that the campaign is over.

I didn't have to buy any tomato stakes this year!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Gary, new to your blog. I found you in an attempt to find other bloggers from Ohio.

I like your idea to use the stakes for your tomatoes-way to go green!

cheap kitchens said...

that is good that you didn't have to but tomato stake this year. I am sure that you might have finished your work.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you found metal edging! That stuff has been MIA around here for a long time. Now that I know it still lives in Ohio I will seek it out.

Grace - Lamps said...

Just a quick note from a first time poster; thanks for the work that you put into this blog! I for one appreciate it

very much.