Monday, September 15, 2008

The Wrath of Ike

Today I was working on this



when it started to get windy ..... very windy. Several times I had to run down these steps to take cover. Especially when this happened.



Later, when standing in the kitchen I saw our pear tree come down. This was a shame because it was finally producing pears that were bigger than a walnut. Just this week Deborah asked how we could get the pears off that were at the top of the tree.


I'd say it is no longer a problem!

Guess what I'll be doing for the next few weeks ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too stinking ironically funny. I'm writing my own post about what the wind did to my trees this past evening. And to my fence, and a big chunk of my garden. Looks like it hit you four or five hours before it hit me.

That's too bad about the pear tree. But for a minute there I thought you were going to say it blew away all your cellar door bulkhead work!

Sandy said...

What a shame about the pear tree. Glad you all survived though!

Anonymous said...

I am staring out the window at my Gustav battered tree and I am in New Orleans