Monday, April 21, 2008

What I've Been Up To.

I've been working on the resident house for the last few weeks doing all those small but time consuming jobs that I would have done years ago if we had never bought the "Crack House." Things like re-tiling behind the sink and putting in the baseboard molding that has been leaning against the wall for at least two years.



Then there was the threshold that had to be made because we were tired of kicking up the tiles as we entered the bathroom.



I also made this access panel to cover the hole that lets you shut the water off to the bath tub. I used some left over oak flooring for this. The top part of the frame is glued to the door cover and not to the wall. As such, it acts as a handle to slide the door up to expose the hole that it covers. I was pretty chuffed with myself when I made this.



Then there is the garden. This has been neglected for years and was quite a mess. I have managed to get about two thirds of it under control but still have to tidy up those raised beds in the back.



As you can see, Elizabeth needs to learn how to park. This vehicle is very much like her dads old van. The battery is removed and the thing isn't running. I wonder if I could con someone into paying me $125.00 to tow it away?


I have rebuilt the framing around the dishwasher in the kitchen and have to make a concrete slab to replace the crappy laminate section of counter that doesn't match the rest of the counter. I also caulked the edge of all the ceiling molding and countless other gaps that have been visible since I moved here 14 years ago!
I also started sorting out the crap in my basement. There is still much to purge. It is sad that you finally get a place to look how you want it to right before you try to sell it ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to "borrow" the design of your access panel. I have a few that need to be rebuilt. One in particular I had to rip apart (it was really just a board nailed to the wall) when the tub supply broke and left ur basement full of water.

Jennifer said...

That access panel design is great! It looks like you've done great work on the house... it's amazing how much you will live with that is unfinished and not care... until you have to sell!

Chad said...

Let me know when you start cleaning out the garage and need help getting rid of a desk... or so. I'll be glad to help!

=)