Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Sneak Peek at the Concrete Sink!

I broke open the mold today.



The basin knock-out was not co-operating the way I wanted it to but once I had removed the 4 rows of styrene



I was able to pull out the remaining pieces leaving the cardboard shell as planned.



Once that was removed I was left with this



and the really good news is that after minimal routing of a piece of framing wood, it fits perfectly!



So I will be grinding the top and front this weekend and doing a very small amount of slurry work to fill a minimum of voids. I opted to not do the agate and the lighting feature as it would have been overkill for such a small space. All will be revealed when everything is finished.

Yey me! This deserves a beer......

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Gary!

Mick said...

It looks great! I don't know if I like the marbling of the bowl (personally), but it came out looking pretty neat. Did you see the article on concreate countertops/sinks in the most recent Fine Homebuilding?