Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Gift From an Asshole!

After the break-in debacle we decided that it was finally time to clear much of the back yard and alley of weeds. I pulled out the recently acquired Stihl weed whacker with a metal blade attachment to cut through the host of small trees that are popping up all over the yard. When I got to the location of the former garage where the "Beast" sits (my 1975 Ford Econoline Van that I haven't tried to drive for a year) I had a whole lot of weeds to whack, a bunch of empty cigarette packets to pick up and several empty pop bottles to dispose of. When I hacked and slashed my way to the passenger side front wheel I found something that I REALLY needed!

Sitting right there on the ground was a 42cc Poulan Pro chainsaw with... wait for it.... a plastic chain cover. Can you believe it! Only one day earlier someone had stolen mine and now someone leaves me an exact replacement. It even leaks gas just like my old one did.....

No comments: