Friday, October 05, 2007

The Butchering of my Trees

Dayton Power and Light must have contracted with the ABC Professional Tree Service to clear the branches away from the electric lines that run down the alley beside the house. These guys drove a large truck with a hydraulic lift basket pulling a heavy duty wood chipper which they used to mulch all the branches. They went down our alley on Tuesday afternoon and when they filled the back of their truck with mulch the guys started to rake the excess leaves onto our property. One of the guys walked this pile of wood across the alley from another property and dumped it in the brush on our slope.



When they came back they did this to our trees;




And left this in my bushes;



They call themselves ABC Professional Tree service! Beware of people who advertise how professional they are.


Four of my trees are going to have to come down now because they have been butchered so badly and look awful. Some of these limbs have been cut a good fifteen feet below the power lines. I'm sure these guys were contracted to clear the trees from the lines and not clear the trees from the alley!

I think it is great that someone could be so considerate as to leave me a chainsaw in the brush beside my van! Especially this week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happens up here. I really wish Michigan would start burying power lines like they do in Arlington, Texas. With so many trees it makes alot of sense. I've never had them leave the logs in my yard but they practically destroy the trees in the process. Bums.

Anonymous said...

There ought to be some way you could go after these sods, the ha-ha "professional" tree butchers or the power company or both. At least, for what it'll cost you to remove their debris from your property.

There ought to be-- but there probably isn't.

Crap.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they thought you could use the wood in your fireplaces??? Just a thought - I may have cut up the logs and piles them nicley for you if I was going to leave them on your doorstep. :) I have not been here in a while and boy the place looks GREAT!!

Heidi in Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

OH by the way - they leave them because if they are cut off of your property, they are yours to dispose of.... nice huh - some people here are pissed because they take the trees when they cut them. SO now they leave them for the 'owner' even if they are unwanted, unneeded, unusable or whatever!! LOL :)

Heidi in Wi - again :)