Sunday, June 10, 2007

NEWS FLASH

Breaking news! After 6 years of being maneuvered around the second floor. the worlds heaviest bathtub has landed on the first floor! That deserves a beer or three! I figured out a way to lower it without leaving large dents in the stairs. Finally, 30 years after the fact, I got to put my physics education to work. Now I truly understand the value of education. Rigging these pulleys allowed me to be able to actually lift the tub off the floor single handed.





My neighbors used the guide ropes attached to the tub to steer it through the door at the foot of the stairwell so that it ended up on the floor below.
Don't believe me? Here is proof!



Last June I described this tub and couldn't find anyone to take it off my hands. Now it is at ground level does anybody want it? I sure would hate to have to use it in the garden for a kitty bath or some kind of raised bed......

6 comments:

K said...

How fun! Your ingenuity astounds me!

Jean Martha said...

I vote for a koi pond in the backyard!!

Anonymous said...

Now if you could only sell that tub for what your education cost, it would be a wash.
Here locally we have a company called "second use" that takes everything off your hands, but you have to get it to them.
Good Luck!

Gary said...

The stray cats in the neighborhood would love the fish!
My education was free, care of the British government. I can't even GIVE this tub away! The scrappers will take it but I have to get it to the alley. This thing must weigh 300 lbs at least. The clawfoot tub we have is lighter than this thing!

realdayton said...

We're still waiting on that six pack!

Dave and Gail ;-)

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm a long time lurker -- but i had to emerge. i love this kind of stuff. one dollar pulleys! six-year albatross! solved! go, you!