Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dealing with "The Man"

The wife called "The Man" about the letter from the gas company. She had to leave a message because "The Man" wasn't in when "The Man" told us to call. She told "The Man" that they could meet me at 8:15 am the next day and that they had until 8:30 am to arrive because I wasn't going to wait in below freezing temperatures for them to check our meter. She waited an hour and called "The Man" back. "The Man" was a woman who verified what we suspected about why they wanted in the house. After it was explained that the gas was shut off and the house was still under renovation we were released from our obligation to let their minions enter the house.

Today I took these pictures. This one shows the iced over windows on one of the exterior doors. The ice is on the inside.




This shows the temperature on the first floor!




The basement is holding up well. The water that I have in buckets down there hasn't frozen yet.

Besides the 4 inches of snow and the sub freezing temperatures some idiot stole the rear license plate off "The Beast" sometime in the last few days so I had to file a police report for that in case the same idiot decided to use it while committing an illegal act such as stealing gasoline at the pump.....
They can't readily take "The Beast" since I removed the battery back in October. Honestly, I'm surprised the plate wasn't taken sooner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Score one for the "little guy" :)

River Wilson said...

Vectrin is the DEVIL! I really can empathize, though. The pipes and the water main in the laundry room of my apartment burst two nights ago. What a mess! But I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog!

-River