Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Whacky Neighbor Stories

We have some whacky neighbors. They are whacky in a good way. He's the guy who runs out with a camera and takes photos of the prostitutes at the pay phone across the street. He is the radical conservative of the block, if you can have such a thing. She keeps him in check but they are both whacky. These people are the pop culture product that was once the 1970s and 1980s. When they do something it is generally at the extreme end of their options. Case in point, here is a picture from down the street. I have identified their house for you but I suspect you could spot it by yourself.




They haven't done the trim yet so it will look better soon! These people are converting their dining room into a Tiki Bar and have pasted old record album covers over the ceiling of one of their rooms. They use hub caps as wall decoration. Deborah and I found a huge plastic "Burger King" sign that someone put out in the trash. Basically it was one side of the huge ones that light up on the pole that identifies a location. We gave it to these people because it was, well, so "them". I think he hung it on the wall at the top of the stairs and stuck a light behind it.

Here is how they dress at parties.





They have some whacky ideas and have set up a website to promote such. The title of the URL speaks for itself! Check them out and see if you think they are whacky too!

http://bedpanart.com

We have discussed the possibility of buying some other houses in the neighborhood and fixing them up together. I'm beginning to wonder about it though. I mean, when I see a white wall, I wonder what they see.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bed pan art is funny. Definitely whacky fun!

Anonymous said...

If only I could move into the neighborhood, too. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Tell David I need an Amino Acids cd. "Destroy the Warming Sun" would be nice.