Monday, February 13, 2006

Since I am in Dedication Mode....

I remember this song from when I was a teenager by "The Stranglers".
I thought I would post the lyrics here. Then I would pop the burning question...... (wait for it.....)

No More Heroes

Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky?
He got an ice pick
That made his ears burn
Whatever happened to dear old Lenny?
The great Elmyra and Sancho Panza?
Whatever happened to the heroes? (x2)

Whatever happened to all the heroes?
All the Shakespearoes?
They watched their Rome burn
Whatever happened to the heroes? (x2)
No more heroes anymore (x2)

Whatever happened to all the heroes?
All the Shakespearoes?
They watched their Rome burn
Whatever happened to the heroes?(x2)
No more heroes anymore (x2)

This song is dedicated to ALL THOSE HOUSEBLOGGERS who don't post much any more.

For some of you (and you know who you are) it has been almost a year. Put up a post and let us know what you've been up to. Your house is nowhere near done. We know that, because if it was you would have blogged about it by now.There are almost 200 houseblogs logged onto http://www.houseblogs.net/ these days. So my question is "Where did you all go?" Enquiring minds want to know.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grad school and being a first year teacher has taken away all of the free time that I once had. We're going to kick ass this summer, though...

-- John

Anonymous said...

You got me--I'm on winter break :-)

Thanks for the dedication!

-The Old Man, 2.5 months off from houseblogging

John said...

Wow.

You're only one of two people I've ever encountered that knows that song (the other was a Political Science professor). Could be because of where I live though.

And, an excellent question. Where is everybody?