Friday, December 30, 2005

My Neighbor is Still a Moron or Zero Activity Next Door!

It has been over two weeks since the house next door flooded. There has been no sign of the owner or any of his minions! The "For Rent" sign is still up as is the "For Sale" sign. I would love to see someone's face when they see the kitchen!

There is a window to the basement in the back of the house with a broken pane. I stuck my head in with a flash light to see if there was still any water in there. It has all gone! If it wasn't for the smell or the water bill, you would never know that there was 3 feet of water in there. Now here is absolute proof that if you ignore your problem long enough it WILL go away on its own......

2 comments:

Ms. P in Jackson said...

He must have a great in-floor drain down there and nothing stopping it up.

Anonymous said...

First comment - started reading from the beginning.

I had a similar situation where the water main shut-off was chopped off on a house I had under contract. As it turns out, the water company turned the water on anyway. I came by at 10 PM to hear that waterfall noise. I peaked in and the water was coming up the main, shooting up 2-3 feet, hitting the floor, and making its way to the drain on the other side of the basement. It averaged about 2 feet wide, 30 feet long and 2-3 inches deep while it ran. 3 months later, you would never know there was a problem. I did have to remove the drywall and carpet and effectively the one "finished" room in the basement. I prefer the open area anyway ...