Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's Like "The Shining"

Have you ever seen "The Shining"? You know, where the words "Redrum" keep appearing on the walls? Well, it's happening at the "Crackhouse". No, we aren't getting the words "Redrum" nor are we seeing "Murder" or "You will die" but there is definitely bleedthrough occurring.
I have applied three coats of joint compound to the parlor walls in an effort to smooth them out and it appears that the writings of the previous crackhead tenant just won't go away! See for yourself






I am haunted by these guys almost 5 years later. If I close my eyes and cover my ears and sing "La la la la la la la la" it still won't make him go away. Maybe 3 coats of KillZ primer will do the trick. If that doesn't work I'll seal it with my old friend "Shellac". If that doesn't work I'll use duct tape to cover it.

Wait, maybe I can scare it away!
"Here's Gary!"


(This was how I looked AFTER the hair cut!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uggh. What kind of goofball writes all over house walls like that? Ah well. Killz will take care of anything! Well, three coats of it anyway.

Love the haircut ;)

K. said...

In our basement, above the drum platform where the deathmetal band used to practice, is scrawled: "In the darkness, nightmares arise." or some such other nonsense. We think it's hilarious. Maybe you remember the Kiss dolls...http://www.flickr.com/photos/53598726@N00/22403861/

Ms. P in Jackson said...

What in hell happened to your hair? Just kidding :)

K said...

The Shining is my favorite scary movie, though my favorite part isn't the REDRUM stuff but the moment when the wife finds out what Jack's been writing all this time. That's one of the best moments in the ANY movie, I think.

Oh, we weren't talking about movies?

Anonymous said...

I think your answer is BIN. Kilz works on many things, but i have found that it does not seal things even close to shellac based BIN.

Jocelyn said...

Nice haircut!

We have King Choco graffiti in our basement- Latin Kings stuff. Glad it's not in the house.

can't believe there's a shellac solution for this!