Thursday, August 04, 2005

Traditional Flooring?

There are so many choices today for floor coverings. So many housebloggers are restoring their wood floors and are being surprised by what they are finding. Todays blog report is dedicated to floors. I opened my 1909 copy of "Household Discoveries" and rather than transcribing pages of info, I took photos of the pages for you to read. The detail got lost in the upload but these images are quite large and still readable. Hope you all learn something or get some ideas! Enjoy!

pg1
pg2
pg3
pg4
pg5
pg6
pg7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting- thanks for sharing! I especially like the picture of the woman working on the floor on pg. 3. As always, so many choices!

Scott in Washington said...

Very interesting. I particularly enjoyed learning what the original linoleum was made from - the name makes more sense now. Also, I can now better imagine the oil cloth flooring I have read about being used in the officers cabins on sailing ships in the early 1800s.

StuccoHouse said...

Don't you love those old books?! Although, I'm sure Armstrong would have a fit at their advice to varnish or paint linoleum floors :-)