Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bathroom Update with Pictures!

I finished the grouting today and attached all the shower heads. I also hooked up the toilet so now I can pee properly and not have to look at the cesspit of a bowl on the third floor! I just have to apply grout sealer and wait until we have a couple of grand to spare on glass for the shower enclosure. Here are two pictures. You can click on them for a better image. I left the 4' long level in place to give an idea of scale.






What is left to do? Well, I am going to make a polished concrete sink counter to sit on an 1880s set of drawers. I am also going to put a polished concrete surround and mantle to the fireplace. One more pass with the top coat, a lined chimney and this room will be ready to paint! Maybe by September.....
Now I have to get back to stripping paint in the master bedroom

"Scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape,
Sand, sand, sand, sand........"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gary, that looks great - you made beautiful material choices. Looks like you've been very, very busy. Incredible!

Becky said...

Wow! You could get lost in that thing. You did a beautiful job. I love how the tile on the floor is set at an angle to the wall tile, it makes it so much more visualy interesting.

merideth said...

wow it's HUGE! that's like a luxury hotel bathroom...i'm very jealous

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. I wish I had that much room in my bathroom!

Greg said...

Nice work. That shower is big but that bathroom is really big. Luxurious!

K said...

Holy giant shower, Batman!